Saturday, August 1, 2009

Halo: 343 Industries

Recently it was announced that the Halo universe will take a new direction in the form of seven straight to DVD Anime shorts, entitled "HALO Legends". These shorts are being created by five production studios: Bones, Casio Entertainment, Production I.G., Studio4ยบ C, and Toei Animation. You may know them, you may not. 

The project is being overseen by 343 industries, a Microsoft team lead by former Bungie employee Frank "Frankie" O'Conner. They handle Halo's conversion from a video game to other forms of media.


If you haven't already seen the Comic-Con trailer, click the banner below.



While I have heard mixed reviews about this (and I had to grimace at the fact that Toei, creators of Dragonball, are getting their hands on my beloved Halo), I will of course be buying Halo Legends.

That being said, my curiosity was peaked, and I took a quick glance at 343 Industries' Halopedia page.  Turns out they're overseeing a lot of new comics and such, but what really caught my attention was something called "The Forerunner Trilogy", a novel series currently being written by Greg Bear.

Sounds intriguing, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Now I know why Toei sounds familiar...oh god they have control of a Halo anime(As long as Master Chief doesn't shoot energy beams from his hands it should be fine right?).Halo Legends has to be a masterpiece,you can't have a mediocre Halo creation(or worse an utter failure), which I'm afraid is what this will become.Oh well here's to hoping it won't suck!And good job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what Ae you dude talking about in crease the pain boom, boom

    ReplyDelete