Sunday, July 12, 2009

1/1 Scale Gundam - Report part 1

I was unable to post yesterday owing to the fact that it was my sister's birthday.  I know, not a promising start, but I'm making up for it now.  


Lately a lot of places have been covering the 1/1 scale RX-78-2 Gundam statue in Shiokaze park.  I've decided it's about time I posted something on the matter, so here's a little collection of photos.


The Opening Ceremonies

The statue officially opened to the public on the 10th.  The opening ceremonies were graced by a laser light-show (real lasers, BIG green ones), and appearances by Yoshiyuki Tomino (creator of the Gundam franchise), Toru Furuya (the seiyuu for Amuro Ray), as well as guest singer GACKT.



The trees look like shrubberies next to that thing!


Hard to believe it began life as this....


All images from GUNDAM.INFO



That's all I have time for right now, but I will post more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment