Saturday, September 26, 2009

He Is Malcolm Reynolds!

Well, my Xbox is back, for the present, at least.  I've been playing ODST, of course.  I beat the campaign in one go, stopping only to eat.  It didn't actually take very long.

I was over at Bungie when I found something interesting, a link to an interview with Nathan Fillion, the man behind Gunnery Sergeant Eddie Buck.


Behold his visage!

This, of course, sent me into delighted shock. Perhaps to explain why, I should provide a little backstory. Firstly, he's a Canadian actor, born in Alberta, currently starring in the ABC series Castle.  He had a small role in Saving Private Ryan, as "The Minnesota Ryan", and has played various other characters on TV.  But the reason many people know of him is because in 2002 he played the quirky, tempermental smuggler and starfreighter captain Malcolm Reynolds in the short-lived but brilliant Joss Whedon Sci-Fi series Firefly.


Anyway, the interview can be found here.

Image from the Wikimedia Commons, Flickr user RavenU.

No comments:

Post a Comment